- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This course immerses students in the act and art of design communication. Students focus on a series of exercises covering both manual and digital visualization techniques to effectively present and communicate ideas to oneself and others. Students will become experienced with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), AutoCAD and SketchUp software applications in addition to manual hand skill development (sketching, drafting, rendering).
When Offered Spring.
Fees Minimum cost of materials: $200; technology fee: $10.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: DEA undergraduate majors. Other students by permission only.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: DEA majors must earn B- or higher in DEA 1150 to enroll in subsequent studios.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
- Apply a variety of visualization skills and techniques for effective communication.
- Use sketches and renderings as design and communication tools using both manual and digital media.
- Produce competent presentation graphics across a range of tools.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR M Van Rensselaer Hall 4101
Prerequisite: DEA majors must earn B- or higher in DEA 1150 to enroll in subsequent studios. Minimum cost of materials: $200; technology fee: $10.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.