- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Reviews qualitative methods used in communication research, including interviews, focus groups, fieldwork (ethnography), and case studies. Students practice the various methods so they can learn to apply them to their own research. Students also discuss how researchers analyze qualitative data and build theories from their observations.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: COMM 6820.
- Describe strengths and weaknesses of qualitative research.
- Distinguish between different epistemological approaches within qualitative research.
- Analyze the key steps in conducting qualitative research including access, sampling, data collecting, data analysis, and writing.
- Apply the knowledge and skills learned in the class to an independent qualitative research project.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- W Fernow Hall G01
Prerequisite: COMM 6820.
Disabled for this roster.