- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This course explores the complex interactions between wine and culture. From a source of nutrition to an enduring cultural symbol of the good life, a religious ritual to a forbidden substance, an artistic muse to a political pawn, the role of wine has varied through time and among cultures. Through lectures, readings, discussions, and activities, students will analyze how wine has impacted civilizations throughout history and how, in turn, cultures impact the production and consumption of wine.
When Offered Spring.Outcomes
- Describe the importance of wine in ancient and modern cultures, including its impact on art and literature.
- Explain differences in the customs of wine production and consumption among cultural groups and religions worldwide.
- Illustrate the relationship between wine production technology and wine consumption in modern wine regions.
- Describe how the portrayal of wine in American culture has changed over time.
- Demonstrate how the business of wine production and sales differs among cultures and genders.
Or send this URL: