- Schedule of Classes - November 19, 2017 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 19, 2017 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Experiments include PCR, immunoprecipitations, western blots, RNAi, antibody staining, optogenetics, and behavioral assays. Experiments emphasize how molecular techniques can be applied to studying neurobiological problems and will culminate in designing your own experiments.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 16 students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOMG 3300 or BIOMG 3310. Recommended prerequisite: BIOMG 2801.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS)
- Demonstrate competence in basic molecular biology and protein biochemistry skills in the laboratory and the underlying principles of these techniques.
- Demonstrate mastery of basic bioinformatics tools such as BLASTN, TBLASTN, and BLASTP and using model organism databases such as FlyBase.
- Develop a clear understanding of how different laboratory techniques provide complementary information about gene expression.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of scientific procedures and results through written laboratory reports.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TWing Hall 302
Prerequisite: BIOMG 3300 or BIOMG 3310. Recommended prerequisite: BIOMG 2801. The time of 9:05 am to 11:00 is required. The lab is open until 5:00 pm for additional work.
Or send this URL: