- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
General introduction to the fundamental principles of genetics in eukaryotes and bacteria. Topics include gene transmission, linkage, recombination, structure, mutations, and manipulation, as well as analysis of genomes in individuals and populations.
When Offered Fall, spring, summer (eight-week session).
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: NTRES 2830.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS)
Comments Biological sciences majors must take course for a letter grade.Outcomes
- Understand and describe basic principles of inheritance, gene expression, and genomic structure in the context of biological evolution.
- Think analytically and creatively about the applications of basic principles of inheritance and gene expression to interpretations of naturally occurring and experimental biological phenomena.
- Understand how genetics provides an experimental approach that can be used to investigate almost any aspect of biology.
- Develop an appreciation that genetics is important to future progress in medical sciences.
- Develop problem solving skills employing logical thought.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Plant Science Building 233
Disabled for this roster.