- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Basic business and management skills are necessary to advance your career no matter what area of STEM discipline you plan to pursue. The purpose of this course is to provide the skills necessary to present a strong business case for any new biomedical or life science technology. Like any foreign language, "business eeze" has its own vocabulary, grammar principles and culture. The course will be presented in a similar fashion utilizing STEM case studies to emphasize and immerse the student in business and managerial principles.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students enrolled in a STEM discipline.
- Discuss the components and importance of a financial statement. Calculate the cost and benefit of new equipment.
- Differentiate between marketing and advertising. Recognize his/her own personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Converse confidently with those involved in the technology "business".
- Determine the value of new biomedical technology from a business perspective.
- Prepare a strong business case for any new biomedical device or technology.
- Explain the difficulties in getting new technology into the healthcare marketplace.
Or send this URL: