- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Course is required for completing the Dyson Business Minor for Engineers, but is open to all majors. By participating in a business simulation, students get experience applying key business principles, such as finance, accounting, marketing, economics and management in dynamic marketing settings. Participants make team-based and individual decisions based on imperfect information and aggressive time constraints. Through analysis, coaching and facilitation, the experience leads to learning the ways specific business decisions influence firm performance in a dynamic marketplace.
When Offered Fall, spring (weeks 1-7).
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: an Undergraduate Accounting and Finance course. An upper level Financial Accounting course will be accepted. Juniors and Seniors only. If you are concurrently enrolled in one of the two required prerequisite classes, please contact the instructor to request an exception. Students not meeting prerequisites will be dropped.
- Providing practice for decision-making under uncertainty.
- Understanding competitive markets and landscapes.
- Working in diverse teams under time pressure.
- Applying core business principles to a practical setting.
- Integrating theory with practice in terms of business management education.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- W Warren Hall 151
- Jan 24 - Mar 16, 2018
Preference given to students in the Dyson Business Minor for Engineering. All other students should put themselves on the waitlist. Prerequisites of Finance and Accounting required. No exceptions.
Disabled for this roster.