- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Covers merchandising principles and practices as they apply to food industry situations. Examines the various elements of merchandising such as buying, pricing, advertising, promotion, display, store layout, profit planning and control, and merchandising strategy. Considers the consequences of food industry trends and initiatives for other industry members, public policy makers, and consumers.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2400/AEM 2420, and AEM 2200/AEM 1200.
- Students will explore the dynamics of food distribution systems and the economic principles that underly food industry dynamics.
- Student assignments and exams will require finding, evaluating, and ethically using information.
- Student assignments will require integration of quantitative and qualitative information to propose solutions.
- Student assignments will be graded for clarity and composition.
- Students will complete both individual and team assignments.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: AEM 6480
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Warren Hall 151
Prerequisites: AEM 2200/1200 and AEM 2400/2420 (Marketing can be taken simultaneously). Enrollment preference given to Dyson students.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.