- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2017 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2017 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2016-2017.
This class examines the neural circuits of motivated behavior and reward, and involves the critical reading and discussion of classic and contemporary papers in this subject. Topics include neural processes related to reward, punishment, risk, effort, appetite, aggression, addiction, and depression.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 25 students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIONB 2220.
Distribution Category (OPHLS-AG, PBS-AS)
- To understand the neural circuits mediating reward and motivated behavior and their dysfunction in psychiatric disease.
- To critically read and comprehend primary literature.
- To distill large amounts of information into central concepts of nervous system function, and to articulate these concepts both verbally and in writing.
- To creatively come up with new ideas and design experiments to test them.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRCorson-Mudd W364
Prerequisite: BIONB 2220.
Disabled for this roster.