- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2017 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2017 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2016-2017.
This course focuses on the cutting-edge research from the recently emerged, exciting field of cultural psychology. We discuss major theories and findings that integrate cultural perspectives into psychology, and consider methodological issues unique for studying the role of culture in psychological processes and functioning. Drawing on recent work in social psychology, developmental psychology, cognitive psychology, neuroscience, and cultural anthropology, we consicer a variety of topics (e.g., the self, motivation, morality, emotion, cognition, psychopathology, interpersonal relationships) from cultural perspectives.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PSYCH 1101, or HD 1150, or equivalent.
Distribution Category (SBA-AS)
- Learn content and theories in the areas of cultural psychology
- Learn how to critically evaluate theories and empirical research in cultural psychology.
- Achieve basic literacy in the research methods of cultural psychology.
- Acquire the skills to direct own learning.
Or send this URL: