- Schedule of Classes - June 15, 2016 6:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 9, 2016 6:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2015-2016.
This course presents the student with an understanding of the emerging role of the professional landscape architect. The course helps students choose a type of practice and introduces the problems and opportunities one may encounter in an office or in other professional situations. Topics include job-seeking preparation, practice diversity, marketing professional services, office and project management, construction management, computers in the profession, and ethics.
When Offered Spring.
- Students shall become familiar with the fundamentals of professional practice and a working office environment.
- Students shall be introduced to professional definitions of practice as defined by a state review board.
- Students shall develop an understanding of how offices are structured financially and how that impacts contract bidding.
- Students shall be introduced to a bid proposal and bidding process.
- Students shall be introduced to contracts and contract preparation.
- Students shall be evaluated on the concepts using a tests, assignments and a comprehensive team project.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Kennedy Hall 117
Disabled for this roster.