- Schedule of Classes - June 22, 2015 4:42PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 11, 2015 6:21PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
Affords opportunities for students to carry out independent research under appropriate supervision. Each student is expected to review pertinent literature, prepare a project outline, conduct the research, and prepare a report.
When Offered Fall or spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to students in the Plant Sciences major. Students must register using CALS Special Studies form available online. Link: https://dust.cals.cornell.edu/IndStudyPolicy.aspx
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: GPA of at least 3.2.
- Identify a question or topic requiring original research through critical examination of existing literature.
- Formulate the question into one or more testable hypotheses or central arguments and develop methods suitable to evaluate these hypotheses or arguments.
- Obtain information relevant to the hypotheses or arguments through effective use of contemporary methods and research techniques.
- Critically analyze the evidence obtained to refute or support the hypotheses or arguments.
- Integrate the findings of this research to the findings of others and to larger issues in the discipline.
- Communicate effectively through writing the thesis and oral or poster presentations.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1-3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Student Option)
Class Number & Section Details
Prerequisites: GPA of at least 3.2. Permission of instructor required. Enrollment limited to students in the Plant Sciences major. Students must register using CALS Special Studies form available online. http://cals.cornell.edu/academics/registrar/policies/#special-studies.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: