- Schedule of Classes - June 22, 2015 4:42PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 11, 2015 6:21PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
Biology and ecology of major groups of plant pathogens: fungi, bacteria, viruses, oomycete, and nematodes. Addresses concepts of plant disease, etiology, microbial communities, virulence, resistance, population biology, and epidemiology. Class meetings are largely discussion format with guided analysis of published research.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PLPA 3010 or permission of instructor.
- To integrate organismal and population concepts for understanding plant - pathogen interaction; the outcome will be sufficient mastery to present examples for the biology of fungal, oomycete, prokaryotic, nematode, and viral plant pathogens.
- To develop critical thinkiong skills in analyzing disease systems; the outcome will be a demonstrated ability to formulate research questions and hypotheses for multiple plant - microbe systems.
- Te develop communication skills for scientific presentations; the outcome will be the design of visual tools and a combined oral and written presentation on a plant - microbe system for peer review.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Student Option)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRPlant Science Building 336
Prerequisite: PLPA 3010 or consent of instructor.
Or send this URL: