- Schedule of Classes - October 1, 2023 7:53PM EDT
- Course Catalog - October 1, 2023 7:34PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course serves as an introduction to systems thinking methods and technical tools in the field of public affairs. Students will develop skills that allow them to understand how to improve their analysis of complex, unpredictable, real-world systems.
When Offered Fall.
- Students will demonstrate deep understanding of systems thinking and its application to public sector planning and management issues.
- Students will be able to tackle complex problems from multiple perspectives based on both a deeper understanding of complex systems as well as the cognitive biases that get in the way of policy analysis, planning, evaluation, leadership, and management.
- Students will gain a general understanding of systems thinking as a field and the many tools and technologies available to solve problems or analyze complex systems.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in applying systems thinking modeling techniques.
- Students will integrate concepts learned in class through a team project to solve a wicked problem, analyze a complex systems, or serve an unmet need using systems thinking and modeling. Project presentations will be the highlight of an annual MPA Systems Thinking conference/symposium and will be evaluated by an expert panel of judges.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- F Warren Hall B75
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: