- Schedule of Classes - October 1, 2023 7:53PM EDT
- Course Catalog - October 1, 2023 7:34PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course prepares MPA students to enter the job market with the expertise and experience to launch a successful career as well as obtain professional skills necessary to be leaders in the field of public affairs workplace. Topics covered in this course include the importance of self-assessment, the independent job search, networking, and best practices in resume/cover letter writing and interviewing.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Master of Public Administration (MPA) students.
Distribution Category (KCM-HE, SBA-HE)
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of current employment opportunities across public, private, and nonprofit sectors public affairs.
- Students will draft a results-oriented professional resume/CV and cover letter appropriate for pursuing career opportunities in the field of public affairs.
- Students will effectively use networking tools to research and explore career opportunities based upon career goals.
- Students will utilize best practices in behavioral based interviewing and effectively demonstrate these practices in a mock interview setting.
- Students will develop a professional LinkedIn profile that demonstrates best practices in online brand management.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- F M Van Rensselaer Hall G151
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: