- Schedule of Classes - September 25, 2023 7:55PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 25, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Introduction to Human Nutrition, Health, and Society provides fundamental knowledge for majors and non-majors in nutrition. The role of nutrition in health promotion and disease prevention is introduced from biological, social, and structural perspectives.
When Offered Fall, Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: DNS majors and Human Ecology students.
Distribution Category (PBS-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Identify the role of key nutrients, foods, and dietary patterns in health, disease prevention and therapeutic approaches.
- Describe complex systems of interactions of nutrition with genetic, behavioral, social, and structural factors.
- Explain the development and progression of nutrition guidance for individuals and populations.
- Demonstrate fundamental skills in the interpretation of the nutrition literature and explain differences in quality of evidence.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF Klarman Hall KG70
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Figueroa Bautista, R
Instruction Mode: In Person
Priority for incoming NS first-year students and HBHS students. If you are unable to add yourself during pre-enroll, please add yourself to the waitlist. Please send questions about enrollment in this class to DNS Student Services at email@example.com only.
Or send this URL: