- Schedule of Classes - January 15, 2024 7:50PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 15, 2024 7:28PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course aims to support Human Ecology undergraduate students in becoming effective change makers. They will be introduced to systems and design thinking, both fundamental to understanding and addressing the complexity of pressing social and ecological issues. Since effecting change is not only about what we do but how we are being, students will learn to identify the ways of being and habits of mind that help us build relationships across difference, imagine new possibilities, and collaborate effectively. The course also introduces basic tools for creating an effective social change venture.
When Offered Fall.
- Consider how inequitable outcomes are the result of systems and their root causes.
- Distinguish the abundance mindset from the scarcity mindset and learn how an abundance mindset fosters creativity, mutuality, collaboration and the courage to act.
- Apply strategies for creative thinking, inclusivity, and increased personal/collective empowerment.
- Utilize a set of skills, tools and practices that will support you in working with others to create effective social impact ventures or initiatives.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Anabel Taylor Hall 314
- Oct 12 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: