- Schedule of Classes - January 15, 2024 7:50PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 15, 2024 7:28PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This set of two, two-day immersion seminars is co-taught by industry leaders and Cornell faculty in New York City. Participants will participate in this during their New York residency in year one and two. Students will solve problems based on real-life scenarios and present their solutions to industry leaders and the Hotel School faculty members who accompany them. Students will have readings and case materials assigned from business periodicals, the hospitality industry press, and selected textbooks to read to prepare for the site visits and the coursework. Students will be directly exposed to industry-specific operational and strategic elements through site visits, presentations from company executives and directed case study. Leadership Immersion I and Leadership Immersion II will cover different topics, use different companies and different industry leaders each year.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: M² Cornell-Peking dual degree students.
- Leadership, that is, how does the company structure their leadership team, what are the core beliefs and guiding principles.
- Operations management and logistics, that is, how is work structured, what analytics are key to managing the businesses.
- Strategic planning, that is, what are the key elements that drive decision making and the execution of operational processes in the organization.
- Financial management, that is, what are the key metrics used to gauge financial performance and how are they measured, managed, and disseminated.
- Customer service management, that is, what are the key guiding principles behind the service delivery in the organizations for guests, employees, and managers and what is the service culture in place to drive service-focused behavior; (6) Product development and enhancement, that is, what are the key innovation factors that are in play that drive organizational growth and stabilization.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MT TBA HA New York City
- Oct 16 - Oct 17, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Taught in NYC. Enrollment limited to students in the M² program.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: