- Schedule of Classes - December 6, 2023 7:53PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 6, 2023 7:30PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course will serve as a collaborative space where PhD students can learn and share about issues of course-taking selection, grant sources and writing strategies, preparation of CVs and cover letters, meet and interact with Field Faculty, engage in practice conference- and job-talks, and other useful professionalization practices for new and more experienced PhD students. Guest speakers will be engaged and current students and alumni will share useful and strategic practices.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
- Students will be able to describe the research interests of their peers and GDEV faculty members.
- Students will practice conference- and job-talks and provide feedback to fellow students.
- Students will design and develop their CV and learn various strategies that lead to a strong cover letter.
- Students will develop skills related to employment-seeking activities.
- Students will describe the range of academic and non-academic jobs that program Alumni are engaged in.
- Students will apply other relevant professional development topics and strategies.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- F Warren Hall B73
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Bezner Kerr, R
Instruction Mode: In Person
This seminar is intended for Dev. Studies PhD students.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: