- Schedule of Classes - September 26, 2023 7:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 26, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course frames leadership as a particular way of approaching life, one that is essential to both personal fulfillment and career effectiveness. The course begins with the inner work of a leader's personal development and then explores how leaders work through others to enhance their influence.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Fees Course Fee: $75 materials fee.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: Leadership minor students.
Distribution Category (KCM-AG, SBA-AG)
- Develop a critical understanding of contemporary leadership theories, styles, approaches and roles.
- Examine and clarify personal inspirations, values, and purposes in careers and life.
- Learn to align those inner motivations with personal actions, decisions, and communications in order to become more authentic, effective, and influential.
- Build skills for communicating effectively, especially in difficult conversations such as delivering feedback, resolving conflict, and influencing others.
- Practice skills for building effective teams and leading group planning, decision making and problem solving processes.
- Create a personal learning plan and leadership portfolio for supporting personal development.
- Establish a habit of reflection to promote continuous learning and effective leadership.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: LEAD 3100
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Warren Hall B73
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
The course fee will increase to $75 beginning in Fall 2023. Please contact Lynn Morris (lm747) if you would like to be added to the waitlist.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: