- Schedule of Classes - September 29, 2023 7:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 29, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course is designed to introduce students to the concepts and practices of digitally-measuring human body, sizing and fit, and digital product development. Discussions will be on technology solutions to improve fit and design process, and digitally-enabled manufacturing concepts. Readings and discussion topics will cover a variety of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research examples; and include theories and models from other disciplines such as computer sciences and consumer behavior.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: seniors and graduate students.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and analyze research and other publications critically.
- Improve skills in critiquing various research approaches, theories, and trends to define gaps and needs for future research in apparel product development and retail.
- Improve skills in conducting research and manuscript writing as well as submitting work to conferences and journals.
- Learn and practice using a 3D body scanner to collect anthropometric data, and various techniques to evaluate the data.
- Demonstrate an understanding of virtual prototyping and 3D visualization technologies.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Human Ecology Building 201
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: