- Schedule of Classes - September 29, 2023 7:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 29, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course covers the development of functional fibers and textiles by nanotechnology. This course introduces nanomaterials, nano-finishes and nanocoating processes used for functional fibers and textiles. This course also emphasizes the structure-property of the nanofibers and nanotextiles and predict their end-use. Examples of nanotechnological products based on nanofibers and nanotextiles in the market are included. This course also discusses environmental issues and the sustainability aspects regard to nanotechnology used in fibers and textiles. Through lectures, readings, discussion, projects and presentations, this course highlights the role of nanotechnology for the development of functional fibers and textiles.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Required prerequisite: FSAD 1350 and FSAD 1360 and FSAD 3350 or equivalent or ENGRI 1200/AEP 1200, MSE 2610, MSE 3010 or equivalent.
- Understand the role of nanotechnology for the development of functional fibers and textiles.
- Propose new ideas to develop functional fibers and textiles by applying nanotechnology.
- Interpret scientific data to evaluate the functionality of nanofibers and nanotextiles.
- Discuss the environmental issues and the sustainability aspects regard to nanotechnology used in fibers and textiles.
- Build teamwork skills oral presentation skills and scientific writing skills.
Or send this URL: