- Schedule of Classes - September 29, 2023 7:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 29, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course is a project-based course in which design students and non-design students collaborate to develop a wearable interface to seek solutions to real-world design challenges through an iterative design process and the use of electronics operated by programming.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: $180.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: for Design students-FSAD 2660 or DEA 1150 and DEA 2200 or submission of portfolio. For non-design students-CS 1110.
- Students will understand human factors, principles, and methods for wearable product design.
- Students will explore smart materials and embedded digital technologies, including micro-controllers.
- Students will develop an interactive smart clothing responding to human need through design and programming process.
- Students will evaluate the effectiveness of the wearable interface.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Human Ecology Building 121
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: for Design students-FSAD 2660 or DEA 1150 and DEA 2200 or submission of portfolio. For non-design students-CS 1110. Course fee: $180.
Or send this URL: