- Schedule of Classes - September 29, 2023 7:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 29, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course covers the design and creation of weft knit fabrics with a focus on machine-knit fabric structures chosen for desired aesthetic and performance results. Students will learn hand flat machine knitting as well as the basic principles of knit programming. Students are required to develop design ideas, knit swatches and garment panels, and make verbal/visual presentations of their work at regular critiques.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Lab fee: $180.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 2370.
- Understand both the aesthetic and performance qualities of basic knit fabric structures.
- Learn the mechanics of knit machines.
- Learn to program knit patterns for the Shima Seiki computer driven knitting machine.
- Translate sketchbook exploration, visual and structural research, swatch exploration, mood boards, and schematic drawings into knit fabric and shaped garments.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Human Ecology Building T14
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: FSAD 2370.
Or send this URL: