- Schedule of Classes - September 29, 2023 7:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 29, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course explores sustainability in the textile and apparel industries in relation to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals articulated by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Students will engage with industry challenges, practices, and successes in increasing sustainability via guest speakers, case studies, research reports and corporate reports. Aspects of sustainability impacting personal welfare of producers and consumers, environmental impacts and economic potential will be explored.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: one science course and one economics course.
Distribution Category (CA-HE, PBS-HE, SBA-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-SBY)
- Explain multiple aspects of sustainability for the textile, apparel, and interior design industries.
- Use the United Nations sustainability goals to interpret sustainability claims articulated by products or companies.
- Compare sustainability program costs and benefits for specific products or companies.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW M Van Rensselaer Hall G155
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: one science course and one economics course.
Or send this URL: