- Schedule of Classes - September 29, 2023 7:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 29, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
The goal of this apparel studio course is to expand student confidence and competencies in flat pattern analysis, design, and fitting techniques. In this course, students learn the basic principles and methods of 2D flat patternmaking as well as creative patternmaking concepts. Exercises, assignments, and projects are designed to teach the knowledge and skills needed to create well-balanced and quality patterns for 3D garment designs. 2D/3D CAD technology for patternmaking and fit testing is introduced.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1450, and FSAD 1140 or FSAD 1250.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic and advanced pattern making techniques by completing exercises and projects.
- Create innovative and contemporary designs suitable for design competitions and exhibitions.
- Identify visual clues on garment fit and make corrections to improve fit on the dress form and on the body by going from 2D -3D and 3D-2D.
- Analyze garment images and technical sketches to generate patterns with exact proportions and details.
- Build your own aesthetics through design and construction practice.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Human Ecology Building T13
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: FSAD 1140 or FSAD 1170 or FSAD 1450.
Or send this URL: