- Schedule of Classes - September 29, 2023 7:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 29, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course provides a basic understanding of how fabrics are formed and the relationship between fabric structure and fabric performance. Students completing this class will have a strong understanding of common fabric structures, be able to identify fabric structure visually and appreciate the relationship between fabric construction and performance in apparel and other end uses.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1350 or permisson of instructor.
- Master the vocabulary of textile structures from fiber through finished fabric.
- Understand the basic processes used to form common textile materials.
- Learn to represent fabrics graphically and understand the relationship between actual fabric structures and computer drawings.
- Be able to identify the structure of a given fabric visually and describe that fabric using standard diagramming (graphing) techniques, notation and language.
- Calculate basic fabric properties such as cover and fabric weight.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW M Van Rensselaer Hall 1151
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: FSAD 1350.
Or send this URL: