- Schedule of Classes - September 24, 2023 7:54PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 24, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This lecture course surveys unit operations, engineering/manufacturing principles, and materials common in the commercial processing and packaging of foods and beverages. The objective of this course is for students to understand common unit operations and packaging materials used to manufacture foods with consistency, quality, and safety.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Food Science students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FDSC 4210.
- Describe key unit operations in food processing.
- Be able to determine thermal processing parameters (D and z values) and understand their application in processing of foods and relationship to food safety.
- Identify the advantages, limitations, & food applications of different types of food packaging.
- Construct a process flow diagram with equipment details for a food product.
- Name principles of food manufacturing equipment design, based on an understanding of the basic elements of machine design and fabrication methods relevant to food applications.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: FDSC 4230
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Stocking Hall 146
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: