- Schedule of Classes - October 2, 2023 7:53PM EDT
- Course Catalog - October 2, 2023 7:34PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Python is one the most popular programming languages for machine learning and data science in different engineering fields. Conducting a project in python is not simply to run a script in Python, but rather to set up and manage project environment, libraries, and dependencies. The goals of this course are two folds. First, in this course, students learn how to configure and manage Python environments so that they can switch between working on different projects, share their project environments, and move to different machines easily. Second, students learn to work with libraries that are designed for scientific programming such as NumPy, Matplotlib, SciPy and pandas for the purpose of data analyzing, scientific computing, and visualization.
When Offered Fall.
Comments Prior programming experience in any language is useful, but not required. Python or MATLAB experience is not required.Outcomes
- Set up and use virtual environments such as Anaconda to install and manage tools, packages, and code editors which are required to develop various scientific and engineering projects.
- Set up and use different Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as SPYDER IDE and Jupyter Notebook to write, edit, compile, and debug Python codes.
- Install and use different Python libraries such as NumPy, Matplotlib, SciPy and pandas for the purpose of data analyzing, scientific computing, and visualization.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Phillips Hall 101
- Aug 21 - Oct 6, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: