- Schedule of Classes - October 1, 2023 7:53PM EDT
- Course Catalog - October 1, 2023 7:34PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Explores the science of natural hazards, their societal impacts, and means of mitigation. The focus is on earthquakes, volcanoes, and tsunami, but hurricanes, severe weather, climate change, landslides, wildfires, and the threat of extinction from a future impact by an extraterrestrial body are also considered.
When Offered Fall.
Distribution Category (OPHLS-AG, PBS-AS, PHS-AS)
- Understand the impact of natural hazards on society and its infrastructure.
- Be able to analyze and interpret geological and geophysical datasets in the context of their role in hazard assessment.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: ENGRI 1220
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Bill and Melinda Gates Hll G01
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: