- Schedule of Classes - November 29, 2023 7:56PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 29, 2023 7:32PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course explores the use of design methods to generate ideas and evaluate designed objects, environments, and interfaces. Lectures cultivate an understanding of the various methods, while hands-on activities provide opportunity to apply these methods to the design of artifacts and their interactions with people and things.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: DEA undergraduate majors, other students by permission of instructor.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: DEA 1101 and DEA 1150.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-UGR)
- To develop an understanding of how and which design methodologies can be applied in the iterative process of designing artifacts.
- To demonstrate the ability to develop and evaluate design prototypes responsive to the challenges and opportunities of supporting and augmenting human users.
- To communicate a design process in a rigorous written paper and video.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR M Van Rensselaer Hall 4301
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment preference given to: DEA undergraduate majors, other students by permission of instructor. Course Fee $60.
Enrollment preference given to: DEA undergraduate majors, other students by permission of instructor.
Or send this URL: