- Schedule of Classes - December 6, 2023 7:53PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 6, 2023 7:30PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course introduces histories, concepts, and frameworks for environmentally just design practices, explored through an investigation of materials, processes, products, environments, and material culture. This course utilizes exploratory, participatory, and open-ended learning methods to facilitate design inquiry.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: optional LEED GA accreditation test: approximately $100.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: DEA undergraduate majors.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
Comments Students will have the option of testing for LEED GA accreditation.Outcomes
- Identify and understand overlapping material, environmental, social, cultural, and economic issues related to environmentally just design production.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to investigate and assess design methods, materials, and processes measured by environmental performance.
- Explore the manifold definitions of sustainability and how the history and speculative future of environmentally conscious design practices are shaping material culture.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR M Van Rensselaer Hall 4301
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment preference given to: DEA undergraduate majors.
Or send this URL: