- Schedule of Classes - November 30, 2023 7:54PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 30, 2023 7:32PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Students investigate how values, attitudes, social structure, and communication affect public perceptions of environmental risk and public opinion about the environment. A primary focus is mass media's impact on public perceptions of the environment, how the media portray the environment, and discussion of the implications of public consumption of environmental content.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Students will examine the different ways that communication and the media shaped and continue to shape our understanding of and relationships to the natural environment.
- Students will gain historical and contemporary knowledge of the US conservation and environmental movements and how environmental attitudes have changed over time.
- Students will be able to apply communication theory to environmental contexts and will be better able to recognize, analyze, and critique the variety of environmental messages that they encounter.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Warren Hall 101
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: