- Schedule of Classes - September 23, 2023 7:55PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 23, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Discusses principles involved in using biomolecules (e.g., antibodies, enzymes, DNA) and living organisms (e.g., bacteria, yeast, tissue cultures) for engineering biological processes. Examples will be taken from the following application areas: biopharmaceuticals, biofuels, biomedical technologies, foods, and environmental processes.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CHEME 3900 or permission of instructor.
Comments No prior background in biological sciences required.Outcomes
- Learn and reinforce fundamental biology principles and how to apply them to engineering problems.
- Build mathematical models of cell growth, metabolism and bioreactor operation.
- Learn current methods in biotechnology from critically reading current literature and orally answering questions in class based on reading material.
- Design a biological product as well as a process for its production and manufacturing (team-based design project).
- Gain experience with working in teams. (d) Gain experience giving formal oral presentations.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Snee Hall Geological Sci 2146
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: