- Schedule of Classes - September 25, 2023 7:55PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 25, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This class provides students with the basic skills needed to design and fabricate biomedical and bioanalytical instrumentation. Lectures cover analog and digital electronics, microcontrollers, microcontroller interfacing and firmware programming (in C). Circuit simulation (using CircuitLab) is covered as is an instruction to schematic capture and printed circuit board layout software (Eagle). Emphasis is on designing and building analog circuitry for sensors, analog to digital conversion and microcontroller/device and microcontroller/PC interfacing. Lab exercises involve the design and construction of a number of biomedically related circuits. This course serves as an introduction to the skills needed by biomedical engineers who chose to focus on instrument design and imaging.
When Offered Fall.
- Become proficient with analog electronics and analog circuit design at the level required to design and build a various biomedical devices. (ABET a,k)
- Become proficient with digital electronics and digital circuit design at the level required to digitize signals and collect data from a biomedical device. (ABET a,k)
- Become proficient with hardware programming of microcontrollers in C to implement microcontroller/peripheral device interfacing and microcontroller –PC communications and data transfer. (ABET a,k)
Regular Academic Session. Choose one lecture and one laboratory. Combined with: BME 4390
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- M Weill Hall 224
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: