- Schedule of Classes - January 15, 2024 7:50PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 15, 2024 7:28PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This independent study course offers students in the Biological Sciences major an opportunity to reflect on professional and personal growth, challenges, and opportunities resulting from a recent internship or training experience. International students should contact the Office of Global Learning to determine if they need work authorization. Typically, these internships/experiences take place in the summer and students, in the semester they return to campus, write a paper describing their work experience and how it connects to their personal educational and career goals as well as the learning objectives of the Biological Sciences major. The value of the course is in the deep reflection on expectations, successes, challenges and skills and knowledge gained during the internship.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
- Describe the ways in which the internship experience met, exceeded, or did not meet the students' expectations at the outset. This includes the experience alignment with the employer's description as well as the students personal and professional set of values and ethics.
- Identify knowledge, skills, or other experiences (in the conceptual, technical and social realm) that would be beneficial going forward in preparation for successful future in a chosen career based on the internship experience.
- Identify how the experiences supplements, builds-upon, or extends the skill the student is developing as a biological sciences major.
- Weigh the benefits and the challenges of working in a new environment.
- Synthesize the component reflections on strengths, challenges, expectations, and personal values into an exploration of potential career paths going forward.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
0.25 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: Independent Studies
Students must register for course by completing the Qualtrics form found here: https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_02EiQF5WOMUh2jI
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: