- Schedule of Classes - October 1, 2023 7:53PM EDT
- Course Catalog - October 1, 2023 7:34PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Critical evaluation and discussion of theory and research in ecology and evolutionary biology. Lectures by faculty and student-led discussions of topics in areas of current importance.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Ecology and Evolutionary Biology graduate students or permission of instructor.
- Become familiar with major research questions in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.
- Discuss these questions with peers.
- Develop a research proposal, including scientific justification, background, hypotheses, methods, and broader impacts.
- Provide commentary and suggestions on proposals written by their peers.
- Create personal reference list of papers and bibliographies.
- Enhance understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education and STEM fields.
- Become familiar with grant writing, choosing a thesis topic, navigating graduate school and advisors, giving talks, mental health resources and scientific resources on campus.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4.5 Credits Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Corson-Mudd A409
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to Ecology and Evolutionary Biology graduate students or permission of instructor.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: