- Schedule of Classes - November 30, 2023 7:54PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 30, 2023 7:32PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Animal welfare issues are discussed, mainly for farm animals, but companion animals are also considered. Both animal specific and general areas of animal welfare are discussed.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOAP 1100 or equivalent.
- Students will be able to stand up in public and describe the pros and cons of animal systems in rational scientific fashion.
- Students will be able to decide what standards a food company purchasing animal agricultural inputs might apply to their purchasing. (Is McDonald's justified in purchasing cage free eggs?)
- Students will be able to determine what is an animal welfare issue based on scientific grounds.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: ANSC 5100
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- W Stocking Hall 146
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: BIOAP 1100 or equivalent.
Or send this URL: