- Schedule of Classes - September 25, 2023 7:55PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 25, 2023 7:35PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Comprehensive presentation and discussion of policy options for a sustainable global food system, with focus on developing countries. Topics include: economic policy related to nutrition, health, consumption, production, natural resource management, trade, markets, gender roles, armed conflict, and ethics. A social entrepreneurship approach based on case studies and active participation by students will be used.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: 6 credits in economics, applied economics, or sociology and/or 6 credits in nutrition and/or agricultural sciences.
Distribution Category (D-HE, KCM-HE, SBA-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-ITL, CU-SBY)
- Ability to analyze a specific food and nutrition policy problem, identify the related policy issues, suggest one or more policy options to solve the problem, and estimate how each option would affect relevant stakeholder groups and their expected response.
- Ability to undertake the above with limited information and within a short time frame.
- Motivation to engage in the design and implementation of innovative solutions to existing and expected future problems related to the global, national and local food systems, i.e. to be a social or policy entrepreneur within or outside the public sector.
- Graduate students will be required to lead/mentor their case study group of undergraduate students and be provided with an opportunity to identify an area of future graduate research for his/her own thesis.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Savage Hall 200
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Preferred prerequisite: 6 credits in economics, applied econ, or sociology; and 6 credits in nutrition and/or agricultural sciences. Attendance to first lecture is required; no shows will be dropped. Please send any questions about enrollment in this class to DNS Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or send this URL: