- Schedule of Classes - November 29, 2023 7:56PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 29, 2023 7:32PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
The lectures/discussions will introduce you to the influence of race, gender, and culture on corporations, small businesses and entrepreneurial enterprises in South Africa. Cultural and historical background will be covered to promote transcultural understanding. During the course students will be introduced to their South African entrepreneurial partners with whom they will be working with prior to and during the study trip. In addition, students will learn about the concept of human centered consulting which will better enable them to be more effective and impactful consultants.
When Offered Multi-semester course: Fall, Winter.
Permission Note Not open to: first-year students.
Distribution Category (D-AG)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL)
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies the Dyson Grand Challenges project requirement.
Comments This is part of a multi-term course sequence with AEM 3601.Outcomes
- Analyze social ventures, make practical and actionable recommendations to help social entrepreneurs.
- Interact and communicate with people of other cultures and ethnicities, with a higher level of self-awareness of local contexts.
- Analyze social ventures using a human centered consulting approach, and gain an understanding of the complexity of building a diverse society.
- Explain how "big business" creates an inclusive and diverse workforce within South Africa.
- Employ ethical reasoning in judging ideas, actions and their implications particularly when assisting small business owners.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- F Warren Hall 113
- Oct 11 - Dec 4, 2023
Van Es, C
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment by application ONLY.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: