- Schedule of Classes - November 27, 2023 7:58PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 27, 2023 7:33PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
In Wisconsin and Ohio, farmers are dumping thousands of gallons of fresh milk into ponds and manure pits. In California, farmers are plowing under thousands of acres of lettuce and perfectly ripe strawberries. Months after concerns about shortages in grocery stores shoppers are still scrambling to find the last box of pasta or roll of toilet paper. It is Cyber Monday every day at retailers like Amazon.com, Walmart, Target, and Kroger as they struggle to meet the surge in demand. Could CoVID-19 be the black swan event that finally forces many companies, and entire industries, to rethink and transform their global supply chain model?
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2210 or AEM 2225 or equivalent.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Students will be able to describe supply chain (network) components, processes, objectives, drivers and performance metrics.
- Students will be able to discuss why SCM concepts are relevant to other business functional areas.
- Students will undertake basis analyses of sourcing and purchasing of raw materials or finished goods for re-sale.
- Students will be able to apply basic demand forecasting tools as one component of demand planning (demand management) to support decision-making in supply chains, and to evaluate forecast information provided to you by others.
- Students will be able to develop and interpret basic Sales & Operations Plans (Aggregate Plans) used to determine production schedules in many organizations.
- Students will develop and interpret basic business process analyses and related diagrams and use them for SCM process improvement.
- Students will be able to describe lean manufacturing and sustainability issues and their importance in supply chains.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: AEM 5270
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Mcgraw Hall 165
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Required prerequisite: AEM 2225 or AEM 2210 or equivalent; or permission of instructor. Preferred prerequisites: AEM 2420 or equivalent; and AEM 2480. Enrollment preference given to Dyson students.
Or send this URL: