- Schedule of Classes - December 6, 2023 7:53PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 6, 2023 7:30PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Comprehensive introduction to financial accounting concepts and techniques, intended to provide a basic understanding of the accounting cycle, elements of financial statements, underlying theory of GAAP, and financial statement interpretation. Topics include methods of recording inventory, receivables, depreciation, bonds, and equity. Requires two evening prelims and a final; weekly homework assignments.
When Offered Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: non-Dyson students.
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will receive credit for only one course in the following group: AEM 2210, AEM 2225, HADM 1210, HADM 2230.
Comments Only AEM 2225 will satisfy the Dyson major requirements. Students who will be applying for internal transfer to Dyson should not take this course.Outcomes
- Develop effective communication skills in finance.
- Attain analytical and functional competency in basic business and economic skills.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of ethics and ability to apply to real world setting.
- Demonstrate ability to solve practical business problems and make an impact in real world and society.
- Develop skills to be critical consumers of business information and research.
- Develop the ability to work with computerized accounting systems.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Warren Hall B25
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to: non-business majors only. Dyson and Nolan students should enroll in their respective major courses.
Or send this URL: