- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Gain hands-on experience with tree establishment, nutrition, plant health care, diagnosing tree disorders, pruning techniques, tree worker safety and urban forestry.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: PLHRT 4910.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
Comments Offered in even-numbered years only.Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant morphology, anatomy, physiology, and growth and how those play roles in tree selection and care.
- Inspect trees for condition, make risk assessment, and recommend actions.
- Describe the nutritional requirements of plants, soil water relationships in plants, and soil management.
- Describe the techniques and materials used in proper tree climbing and management, including pruning, and support systems.
- Gain knowledge to pass the ISA-certified arborist examination.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- F Plant Science Building 114
- Aug 22 - Oct 7, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Recommended prerequisite: PLHRT 4910.
Disabled for this roster.