- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Introduces the basic concepts of financial and managerial accounting with emphasis on health care applications. Explains the measurement system of business operations, business valuation, financial reporting, budgeting, cost allocation, service and product costing, and special reports for managerial use. Ethical and international issues are integrated throughout the course materials with real world applications. At the conclusion of the course, students should be able to read, understand, and analyze the annual financial reports of an organization. Collaborative learning, cases, discussions, readings, research, presentations, speakers, problem solving, videotapes, and lectures are used for teaching the course.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: graduate students.
- Classify transactions and their impact on financial statements.
- Identify relevant accounting concepts and how they impact financial reporting.
- Analyze cost data for managerial decision making and explain and assess the budget making process within a health care organization.
- Analyze and present the financial position and results of operations for a business entity in the health care field.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW M Van Rensselaer Hall 1157
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Priority enrollment for Sloan students, and then CIPA students.
Disabled for this roster.