- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Python is rapidly becoming a golden standard for quantitative finance. In this course students will be exposed to the powerful and fast open-source data science libraries and specific applications of analyzing financial data sets.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: first semester ORIE FE MEng students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ENGRD 2700 and familiarity with Python.
Comments Non-ORIE FE MEng students may apply if there is capacity by reaching out to Victoria Averbukh at email@example.com.Outcomes
- Students will enhance their knowledge of Python and Python libraries as they pertain to financial applications.
- Students will apply their data analysis and statistical knowledge for financial modeling and will work with financial data sets.
- Students will learn how to draw insights from data science algorithms with the help of Python packages.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
Instruction Mode: Online
Streamed synchronously from Engineering in NYC. This course is designed for First Year FE Meng majors.
Disabled for this roster.