- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Interested in working toward solutions to the climate crisis? In this course, you will choose and implement a climate action from Project Drawdown's (www.drawdown.org) list of 82 climate solutions. You will also apply social sciences research to influence your friends or family to implement your climate action alongside you. For the capstone team project, you will work with other students and a community partner (Cornell Cooperative Extension or Climate Action Now) to support education related to plant-rich diet, low-emissions agriculture, forest regeneration, or other climate solutions. Interested students should have a general understanding of climate change science.
When Offered Fall.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-SBY)
- Compare approaches to mitigating climate change and choose an individual climate mitigation action.
- Apply social sciences research to develop and implement an action plan to influence one of your social networks (e.g., friends, family, Instagram followers) to take that action alongside you.
- Create your own arguments for the responsibility of individuals, corporations, and the broader collective to foster climate and food justice.
- Collaborate professionally and equitably with community partners to develop educational materials related to sustainable food, agricultural, and forestry practices and policies.
- Communicate through a variety of media including writing, presentations, and apps. 6. Evaluate and respond to constructive peer feedback on discussion boards and during real-time online discussions.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Academic Surge A 109
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Disabled for this roster.