- Schedule of Classes - July 5, 2022 7:27PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 5, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Field trips designed to familiarize students with the nature of regional forests and to provide experience with approaches to quantifying forest composition and its relation to environmental factors. Includes group research projects in local forests.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Field trip fee: approximately $30 for optional weekend trips.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Corequisite: NTRES 4200.
Distribution Category (OPHLS-AG)
- Learn to identify forest trees of the Northeast.
- Better understand approaches for quantifying forest composition and structure and for summarizing and analyzing data.
- Learn how to measure key environmental factors and plant physiological processes in forests.
- Learn to "read" the forested landscape and to infer the processes and patterns of forest tree distributions.
- Gain experience with the process of field scientific research including proposal development, data collection and analysis and preparation of scientific manuscript.
Or send this URL: