- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Principles, theories and foundational skills of leadership are explored in the context of evidence-based dietetics practice through seminars, skill-building workshops, case-studies, role-playing scenarios and reflection on the application of leadership to practice. NS 5550 is a required course to fulfill Dietetic Internship competencies, as outlined in the Learning Outcomes.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Cornell Dietetic Interns.
- Demonstrate active participation, teamwork and contributions in group settings based on the theory and best practices discussed in the course.
- Apply leadership skills (including communication, interpersonal skills, understanding team dynamics and social cues) to achieve desired outcomes based on leadership theory and best practices discussed in the course.
- Exhibit self-awareness in terms of personality, learning, learning style and cultural orientation.
- Demonstrate negotiation skills based on the theory and best practices of interest-based negotiation.
- Demonstrate ethical behaviors in accordance to the dietetics Professional Code of Ethics.
- Identify and apply leadership theories, philosophies, competencies, strategies and skills for effective leadership in diverse practice settings.
- Understand the mentoring role and practice mentoring others.
- Apply principles of organization management including strategic planning.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- T M Van Rensselaer Hall 1219
- Aug 23, 2022
- W M Van Rensselaer Hall 1219
- Aug 24, 2022
- R M Van Rensselaer Hall 1219
- Aug 25, 2022
- F M Van Rensselaer Hall 1102
- Aug 26, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: Completion of ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics. Enrollment limited to Cornell Dietetic Interns.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.