- Schedule of Classes - June 24, 2022 7:28PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 24, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Course focuses on global health challenges, and how they are related to poverty and inequality.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: introductory microeconomics and statistics or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (D-HE, SBA-HE)
Course Attribute (EC-LASP)
Comments Offered in even-numbered years only.Outcomes
- Understand the nature and extent of global health challenges and inequalities in health at various levels, including across countries, at the national level, and even within the household, both current and historical.
- Understand possible policy responses to improving health and well-being and reducing observed disparities, differentiating the appropriate role of government and the private sector in crafting solutions to global health programs, including priority setting and resource allocation.
- Prepare convincing and policy relevant documents that outline major global health challenges, including their causes, magnitude (prevalence and incidence), and feasible opportunities to address these problems, taking into account the political and economic dimensions, as well as considerations such as the time frame, and positive and negative externalities, both anticipated and unanticipated.
Or send this URL: