- Schedule of Classes - April 13, 2023 2:00PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 12, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Discusses the facts and fallacies concerning the role that nutrition, exercise, and other health behaviors play in preventing disease, maintaining good health, and maximizing athletic performance. Emphasis is on understanding the biological mechanisms through which good nutrition and regular exercise affect psychological and physical health.
When Offered Fall, Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: DNS majors and Human Ecology students.
Distribution Category (PBS-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Identify the role of key nutrients, foods, and dietary patterns in health, disease prevention and therapeutic approaches.
- Describe complex systems of interactions of nutrition with genetic, social, cultural and environmental factors.
- Explain the development and progression of nutrition guidance for individuals and populations.
- Demonstrate fundamental skills in the interpretation of the nutrition literature and explain differences in quality of evidence.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF Klarman Hall KG70
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Figueroa Bautista, R
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment priority given to DNS Majors and Human Ecology students during pre-enroll, though some spaces for others will be available. Priority for incoming NS freshman. During the ADD period, NS 1150 will fully open to all.
Disabled for this roster.